Thursday, April 17, 2014

Easter Blessings

It seems only coincidental and somewhat inconvenient that I would be leaving the day after Easter, but I have grown to like the idea.  I will get to celebrate one of the most joyous holidays before embarking on an extended trip.  As a part of Lent, I made efforts to pray more and attend mass more often.  During these times, I was able to calm any fears and anxiety I had about the trip and I now feel strangely at ease.  I am ready to go! (Well, after I pack at least)  Since this time abroad will be different than last year's religious trip to Brazil, I have found some ways to keep my faith in mind while I am in Germany.  I will take time to pray at every meal, every night, and every time I travel.  I will also make extra efforts to visit churches when possible.
I feel very blessed.  I have had a wonderful college experience, but my days left at WKU are limited.  Student teaching was a great experience and I was able to meet some inspiring teachers and some fantastic students.  I am going to spend tonight with some amazing friends before they head home for Easter.  I am so thankful for all of them.  Then I get to spend Easter with my amazing family.  Only 3 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment